Canada Business News and Press Releases
(EMAILWIRE.COM, August 08, 2008 ) Toronto, Ontario. The opportunity to make a dent on the environmental impact of the millions of printers, faxes and copiers in the workplace comes down to making good choices and thinking before simply hitting the print button. IKON Office Solutions (Canada) www.ikon.ca has provided a list of ten very simple things we can do to help reduce our carbon footprint at the office.
Â“Top 10 tips to reduce the impact of your office equipment on the environmentÂ”
1. Use multi-function devices that copy, fax, print and scan within one-unit. This results in reduced physical space requirements for the device, reduced energy consumption and reduced supply storage space requirements.
2. Create electronic document workflows to reduce the amount of hardcopy output.
3. Utilizing scan-to-email technology to distribute documents electronically, and store scanned documents in an electronic repository.
4. Use digital technology to print materials on-demand Â– where and when they are needed, reduces obsolescence and document storage requirements.
5. Buy remanufactured devices (copiers/faxes) when suitable as 90% of the post-consumer material found in the product is retained for the remanufacturing process
6. Recycle your toner cartridges and purchase recycled toner cartridges (whenever possible).
7. Reduce paper use by printing only what you absolutely need
8. Purchase recycled paper (whenever possible) and print on both sides of the page
9. Be selective of what you print Â– sometimes you donÂ’t have to print the entire document Â– use the Â“print selected textÂ” feature when you only need a part of a document Â– or better yet cut and paste it into a file and keep it electronically.
10. Use the back side of documents that have been printed as scrap paper Â– before you recycle your paper.
About IKON Office Solutions (Canada)
Â“IKON Office Solutions (Canada) (www.ikon.ca) serves the document management needs of over 30,000 clients in Canada from coast to coast through 40 satellite offices and in some of the most remote areas of the country. With 1,500 employees across the country, including 500 field service technicians, IKON has one of the most comprehensive service and support organizations in Canada.
This press release was issued through GroupWeb EmailWire.Com. For more information on unlimited press release distribution service, go to http://www.emailwire.com
Infinity Communications Inc.